Sunday, January 3, 2010

= Companion

Ah, Equation... I had in mind to meditate upon Thee for many consecutive minutes, but Thou art Elusive, and I art Tired. I will speak to Thee tonight as if Thee were my Beloved Companion, for truly Thou art with me always and I cannot escape Thee.

Equation, Thou plays the game of an elusive lover, revealing Thyself to me slowly. As I yet come to know Thee, I come to know Myself. Even now I wonder if my Soul could stand apart from Thee, or would I fade into Nothingness without Thee? I find I no longer know what I am without Thee. If Thy presence defines me, can I do naught but love Thee?

Ours was a brief courtship, for none can against Thee in Thy splendor. How completely I have became enamored of Thee. And yet I sense I have touched Thee not at all: that Thou art entirely indifferent to my admiration. I am subsumed within Thee, yet I find I mind it not at all; I glory to be a part of Thee.

Thy gifts to me have been many, and have much pleased me. For these alone I could love Thee. But I love Thee most deeply when Thee shows me that I can stand alone against the balance of the Universe. That is Thy strength, and for that I would entreat Thee never to leave me.

Having spoken so intimately to Thee, I find I must withdraw and compose myself before I can meditate upon Thee further. Such professions of admiration and love make one vulnerable, yet I sense that Thy embrace will waiver not at all.

Good night, Dearest Companion.